Monday 23 February 1981

Planning - all gone wrong


Oh no, I have to say... your talent in pre-planning is ingenious! How you did manage to plan this so well...!

You wanted to visit Bee today. No matter what reason, just like that. But then you actually found a reason: a poster about studying industrial design. She could be interested in that!

So, writing down everything, after trying in vain to find out who did hang that poster.

Then the intent: today to Bee.
Excuse at home: need to do some shopping. Therefore I will be later. Also have to go to the optician.
Thursday I have one hour free in the morning, so I do the shopping then. Means after the Cello lesson I have time for something else. Ingenious!

Everything was planned very well. But also ingenious is to ignore the little mishaps which can happen.

In practice that is how that looked today:
Did my shopping ok, even escaped Ch fine. But while biking, the right pedal at the bike started to become loose.
Ok, tightening it, but gets loose again. Need some tools to fix it better. go to a bicycle store, borrow something, and really am able to fix it. Need to turn the bicycle upside down.

Then it happens: the chain touches my white shirt and makes it dirty with black grease. Damned!
That is not how I can visit Bee.

Am fixing the pedal with the tools, I drive off, but after a short while the pedal again gets loose. I pedal carefully, but nothing helps: the pedal falls off.

Finished? No. Try again to fix the pedal. Put a sweater on, despite the warmth (to hide my dirty shirt).

After the Cello lesson I try again: the pedal seems to hold. But as I am trying to drive to Bee, it falls again off.

The friendly and helpful A gives me a lift: with his bicycle he pulls me the 2 miles home.

So much for my plan.

Tomorrow it will be more difficult. I have no more excuses, timing will be different and difficult. Really annoying.
But it does not matter. I will visit her. I will give signs. It shall not end like in January, where I was too slow to react.

When I look back, then everything looks different since the last 2 weeks. Memories for later: short holiday, Janacek, clouds, bicycle, during breaks always inside etc.

We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment