Wednesday 25 February 1981

I did a stupid thing...


Ha, ha, ha, hihihi, bah!
Serves you right.
No, so stupid, silly, I must have been crazy!
Since a few days I had this "great" idea. First I wanted to write her a letter, a real long one, with everything in it what I wanted to say.
Well, then I had the even better idea to just call.
My parents were out since 18:15, so no witnesses.
First was my shyness there, which appeared to increase, I was more and more afraid doing it, until I gave myself a push, got up from watching TV, and went to the phone.
I knew the number from heart, had memorized it.
First busy.
Then again busy.
Still busy.
Then finally my call came through.
Now "yes, youth hostel here"
I ask for the class that stays here, but before I can tell details, the person already disappears... I hear the speaker in the background calling out the group... how embarrassing! Now probably one of the teachers will come to the phone. I am going to hang up. But I do not hang up - I can just leave a message... what message should I leave? yes, something about next Saturday, something about a schedule change then. After a while a person comes back, says "there seems nobody to be there". Ok, I am relieved. No embarrassment. But also no success.
After 10 minutes I try it again.
The call goes through again. Now I will not make the mistake again, I will just give her name and will let Bee call out. I spell her name, then waiting. I think about what to say...
then a deep voice "hello"
that is not her...
who is there?
it is in fact one of the teachers.... now I am in trouble. I follow my previous plan then, tell him about the Saturday appointment that is going to be moved. Ok, he will tell her.
That went well. But I am embarrassed... that was a real joke what I did.
What will Bee think when she gets the message? from her teacher?
I am really an idiot. But I will be there, when they come back on Saturday evening.
Despite being quite embarrassed and finding my own action stupid and hilarious, I am glad that I did it. I have finally taken the initiative into my hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment