Friday 3 April 1981

No fasting anymore

Currently I am thinking what to do: should I eat from the chocolate which lies there so tempting in the desk drawer?
I have an appetite for it.
Or not?
But the matter here is someting fundamental: does lent make sense?
Last year I have fasted quite a long time, and afterwards I did not feel satisfied.
This custom is something for small children, but for me there is no satisfaction about the scrifice or something.
My feeeling and my mood is determined by other factors.
So, fasting is senseless.
For 4 weeks I have not touched any chocolate. Now I am fed up. I break through the wall.
4 weeks ago was the turn, the downfall.
Now I am eating the chocolate.
But also then I do not feel satisfied. But the satisfaction afterwards, if I would not eat now, is to small compared to the sice of the sacrifice.
Ok, bon appetite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment